On this page, ROPA delegates from our member orchestras can find many resources that you should have readily available to help with your duties. Additionally, your Member-at-Large can be contacted if you have questions. You will need to be a Delegate and logged on to the site to view much of this information (non-Delegates will be redirected back to the home page). If you are looking for information you don’t find here, please contact ROPA Secretary Karen Sandene for assistance.
Here are some commonly-used documents for delegate use.
- ROPA By-Laws (2020)
- ROPA Brochure
- Delegate Handbook (revised 2020 version)
- Leading Tone Newsletters
- Wage Charts
- Settlement Bulletin Template
- ROPA Website Hints
- Departing Delegate Checklist
This roster contains the contact information for the delegate, alternate delegate and a Local contact for each ROPA orchestra. Please inform the ROPA Secretary if there are any changes in information.
The current Members-at-Large and their assigned orchestras can be found at the link below.
2021 ROPA Conference
The ROPA 2021 Annual Conference will be an online video conference. The dates for the general sessions will be during the week of July 27-30.
Links to Zoom videos of daily presentations HERE when they become available.
Conference Schedule and Documents HERE
- 2021 Resolutions for Delegate Review HERE when they become available.
- 2020 Conference Minutes for Delegate Review HERE when they become available.
2021 Orchestra Reports
Find out what’s going on in other orchestras around the nation. View the Orchestra Reports as submitted by ROPA Delegates for the 2021 Virtual Conference as they become available.
- 2021 Orchestra Reports HERE . You must be logged into the site to access. In addition, there is an added level of security, with a special username/password combination; follow the directions on the screen.
ROPA Delegates are expected to submit a Settlement Bulletin when a contract has been ratified, or when there is any other job action, including a strike or any other activity of note. There are two tools to help with submitting the information: 1) link to a Google form where information can be submitted, or 2) download and fill out the Settlement Bulletin Template, then send to the ROPA Secretary. Completed bulletins will be proofread and placed on the website in the News section.
- Link to the Google Form: http://tinyurl.com/Settlement-Bulletin-Form
- Link to the Settlement Bulletin Template: https://tinyurl.com/Settlement-Bulletin-Template (download, complete, and submit to ROPA Secretary
ROPA Wage Chart
Find out more about the wage chart and your responsibilities HERE.
Conductor Evaluation Bank
Conductor evaluations are an important part of the ROPA delegates’ duties. Refer to your Delegate Handbook for information on how to administer these evaluations, or go to this link for instructions and necessary forms.
Orchestra Report Archive
Delegate-Provided Orchestra Reports from previous conferences can be found HERE
Conference Document Archive
Documents and presentations used at past ROPA conferences can be found HERE.
Orchestra Financial Analysis
For your contract negotiations, an orchestra financial analysis can be extremely beneficial. Follow the link for more information, and please contact ROPA Treasurer Matthew Oshida for further assistance:
E-mail Groups/Facebook Links
Please go to the NETWORK page to find information and links to ROPA Discussion Groups and Facebook.
Contact your ROPA Officers
- President John Michael Smith
- Vice-President Amanda Swain
- Secretary Karen Sandene
- Treasurer Sean Diller
The ROPA Secretary:
- provides the minutes of each General Conference to all ROPA Members
- maintains all the ROPA e-lists and internal communication systems
- distributes bulletins to all Members and their Locals
- answers all ROPA communications pertaining to those bulletins
- maintains ROPA contact information